Tuesday, July 15, 2008
In a study done jointly by U.S. and Danish researchers the offspring of mothers who used a cell phone during pregnancy showed a dramatic increase in behavior issues such as hyperactivity and emotional problems after their birth.
The cell phone only had to be used two or three times a day during the pregnancy so it wasn't as if these moms were spending hours and hours on their cell phones.
Among those children who had also used a cell phone by age 7 the incidence of behavior problems was 80% higher!
Researchers were completely at a loss for an explanation.
The study also showed these children were 25% more at risk for emotional problems, 34% more likely to have difficulties relating to their peers, 35% more likely to be hyperactive, and 49% more likely to have conduct problems.
I hope you'll pass this information on to anyone you know who is pregnant. They need to know this information!
The study is scheduled to be published in the July 2008 issue of the journal Epidemiology.
Passionate about health,
Lynn Quiring, RPh, CCN, NMD
Monday, May 12, 2008
Can EMR damage be repaired? Absolutely. Does it take time? Yes. In fact, it takes about 18-24 months to fully repair all the damage to our cells. And this is only if we are eating healthy food and living a healthy lifestyle. Poor nutrition, smoking, lack of exercise, etc. will only compound the problem and will effectively negate any positive interventions being made. So you can't do just one or two steps. You've got to do them all or healing won't occur.
So what can we do to repair EMR damage?
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (at least 5-9 servings per day).
- Drink lots of good quality water. Remember, EMR exposure causes dehydration.
- Take high-potency antioxidants.
- Live a healthy lifestyle
Now here's something additionally powerful that you can do with your nutrition program. There are some nutritional products that have been developed that are designed to help repair EMR damage. One of these products contains 24 whole foods (fruits and vegetables) to provide the needed daily servings of these foods. Another item contains over 30 selected compounds (such as antioxidants and amino acids) to aid in the restoration of energy and the repair process. Additionally, there is an item made now to stimulate the body's release of heat shock proteins. Heat shock proteins, or stress proteins, are released by the body to repair damage done by stress. This item does that.
But here's the biggest benefit I've seen from these nutritionals. They each have been "imprinted" or energetically charged with a blend of frequencies. Now think about that. Nutrients that have been "charged" with frequencies that resonate. That's very high tech. And it's something totally unique in the nutrition industry.
So what does this mean to the average person? Well, when you consume a dose of one of these energetically-charged items, it enters your bloodstream and it resonates at the same frequencies as the cells in your body. When this happens your cells recognize these frequencies and, consequently, the nutrients get pulled inside the cell much easier. Therefore, you get a much higher delivery of nutrients inside your cells where they are needed. And so the repair process happens much quicker. In fact, studies show that within two hours of consuming a dose of one of these items your biofield will increase by 48%! That's significant! Especially when you're trying to repair damage and build resistance to the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation and electropollution.
This is really a unique concept in the nutrition industry and I can emphasize it's importance enough. There's really nothing quite like it.
I'm not mentioning company names here because someone might think this is a sales pitch. So if you want to know more about these items please give me a call at 480-275-5915. I'd be happy to give you my honest opinion and tell you what this intervention has done for clients that I've worked with in my practice.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
In the second phase of dealing with the issue of electromagnetic radiation we must work to make our body and our immune system stronger so that it can more effectively reduce the negative impact from electromagnetic radiation exposure. Here are some steps you can take right now to make this happen:
- Have each person in your family wear a personal protection device to strengthen your biofield and increase your resistance to the radiation. This also improves the important cell-to-cell communication process. (If you are unfamiliar with these devices or want to know which one is best give me a call at 480-275-5915).
- Install EMR intervention technology and prevention technology on all electric and electronic devices, appliances, cell phones, and cordless phones in your home and office. Install preventive and intervention technologies on electrical circuits in the home and office, especially in areas where many appliances or equipment are used. (Again, call me if you're unfamiliar with these technologies).
- Eat a healthy diet. This seems obvious but good nutrition is essential to building a strong immune system that can resist the effects of electropollution. Always consume 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. You need lots of antioxidants to neutralize all the free radicals generated from electromagnetic radiation exposure.
- Eat organic fruits and vegetables. Eat free-range hormone-free meat. Avoid farm-fed fish.
- Hydrate yourself adequately. Electromagnetic radiation causes dehydration. Drink good quality filtered water. Divide body weight by two. This is the amount of water, in ounces, that should be consumed daily.
- Take a high quality multi-vitamin, multi-mineral product daily. By the way, you won't find these in discount stores.
- Take extra antioxidants daily. Again, don't buy these in discount stores.
- Take at least 3000mg of omega-3 oil, such as fish oil, daily. Right...they aren't found in discount store.
- Exercise at least 20 minutes five days a week.
Next, we'll address another aspect of the role of nutrition in repairing the damage that has already been done by our continual exposure to electromagnetic radiation and EMFs.
See you then.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
As we said in our previous post, in order to clean up dirty lake water you've first got to stop the influx of toxic waste. Same goes for electropollution. We must reduce the source of the exposure. This is step one in our three-step process in following the public health paradigm.
Here are some simple ways that you can begin the process.
- Don't use a cell phone any more than you have to. Don't use it inside buildings or cars. Use it in open areas so the phone won't have to as hard to generate as much power to get a good signal.
- Don't talk on your cell phone when the signal bars are less than maximum. This means your phone is working harder to maintain a signal. More power means greater radiation exposure to you.
- Don't let your kids use cell phones except in emergencies. The radiation penetrates their head easier because their skull bones are softer. Their brains are also in a development stage. That's not a good time to expose it to radiation. They can live without one. You did, remember?
- Don't use a cordless phone. They're three times worse than cell phones and are a continual source of radiation in your home even when they aren't being used. Go back to a landline phone.
- Get rid of your wireless router. Again, this is a continual source of radiation that is being beamed all over your house 24 hours a day, even while you sleep. Go back to a hardwired cable connection. You won't get kicked off the Internet near as often either. If you refuse to get rid of your wireless router at least turn it off at night.
- Only purchase cell phones with a speakerphone function. Then use it!
- Hands-free headsets are bad. The wires running around and across the head will act as an "antenna" and will actually attract more radiation to the head, making the problem worse. The exception here is a headset with an "airtube" piece in it which gets the wires away from the head. They do help some but don't think they are your security blanket.
- Stand well back from appliances like microwave ovens when they are in operation. The microwave oven is often the appliance that produces the greatest amount of radiation in most homes. The second largest radiation-producing device is the hairdryer.
- Don't let your school install Wi-Fi in the classrooms and fight any decision to install a cell phone tower on school property.
- Don't live near a cell phone tower if you have any choice in this. Check the quantity and locations of cell phone towers and antennas near your home by going to www.antennasearch.com. Type in your address and you'll get the listing and locations of the many antennas near your home or business.
This will get you started. Remember, we are first looking for ways to reduce the exposure. Start with your own home and office first. These are things you can do inexpensively right now. We'll continue to add more to this list as well as expand on ways to reduce your exposure so watch for the next post on this.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Here are the three steps that should ALWAYS be followed in addressing the electropollution problem:
1. Measures need to be undertaken to reduce the exposure to electromagnetic radiation. If you're cleaning up a polluted lake you've got to stop the continual influx of toxic waste before you can clean it up. Same goes for your body. We've got to reduce the exposure.
2. We need to take measures to strengthen the body so it can resist the negative impact from electromagnetic radiation. One way we do this is by strengthening the body's biofield.
3. We must begin process to repair the damage that has already been done.
These interventions follow the model established through the Public Health Paradigm.
We'll focus the next several posts on addressing these topics in enough detail to provide an understanding of how to begin the process of protection, exposure reduction and repair of damage.
Monday, March 17, 2008
It was found that those who lived within 328 yards of a power line up to age 5 were five times more likely to develop cancer. Those who lived that close to a power line at any point in their first 15 years of life were three times more likely to develop cancer as an adult.
Electromagnetic fields do indeed have biological consequences on the human body. Those fields are especially a potential risk to young children and teenagers whose body's are in a growth and development stage. The effects on the immune system seem to be the most serious and the most obvious. From studies like these we understand that it takes many many years before a condition such as cancer becomes diagnosed. When decades have passed it then becomes very difficult to connect the cancer, or any other disease, back to a previous exposure to electromagnetic radiation in childhood. Consequently, we don't establish a causal relationship and therefore the problem never gets addressed or corrected.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
The "tweener" market, children between eight and 12 years of age, is the next big target market for the cell phone industry. In fact, Disney and Sprint have already teamed up to market cell phones to the eight to 12 year-old category. You've probably already seen the commercials on TV.
How young will these cell phone "targets" become? What is the risk to a population that will grow up with far more exposure to electromagnetic radiation than their parents or grandparents? What is the risk to children whose skull bones are softer and thinner meaning easier penetration of cell phone radiation into the head? How does cell phone radiation affect developing nervous systems and immature immune systems? We don't know the answers to these questions. But we should be asking them.
While the FDA and the United States government look the other way health agencies in other countries are more concerned for their young people. In France, the Minister of Health is urging parents to limit their children's cell phone calls to no more than six minutes. Health ministries in Great Britian and Russia are also advising parents to take precautions. The United Kingdom bans cell phone use in children under eight.
Talking on a mobile phone just 500 minutes a month increases the probability of brain cancer by 300%. Yet teenagers today talk an average of 2600 minutes per month. And 81% of young people between 15 and 20 years of age sleep with their cell phone on.
Are we volunteering our kids to be participants in a giant experiment whose results won't fully be known for many more years?
Whatever happened to the principle of "prove it's safe first BEFORE I use it?" We do this for pharmaceutical drugs (or at least we're supposed to). For some reason, mobile phones have been given a free pass from proving safety first. It seems now the only course of action is to wait until long-term studies prove them harmful. Or until enough children get sick that someone makes the connection. Then precautionary action can be taken. Unfortunately, for many it will be too late. Just ask the tobacco users and those exposed to asbestos.
In the meantime, limit your kids use of ANY kind of wireless technology and take measures to reduce their exposure to the wireless products they do use by using and applying some of the cutting-edge technology and products now available in the marketplace. Some of these products work very well and some don't. So always look for good solid scientific studies and then read them. Due diligence is essential. Contact me if you need some help.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
Free radicals that have built up inside the cell damage the mitochondria, as we said in the last post. But free radicals also damage and interfere with the DNA repair process the occurs inside the cell. This process produces the formation of micronuclei inside the cell. Micronuclei are simply DNA fragments that clone themselves. Then, when the cell undergoes its normal process of cell death (this occurs naturally as the average cell only lives about 120 days) these micronuclei are released into the nutrient-rich environment created when the nutrients couldn't get inside the cell. Normally, macrophages (scavenger cells) would be called upon to clean up these micronuclei. But because the cell-to-cell communication process has been disrupted the message doesn't reach the immune system. So the micronuclei don't get destroyed. Sitting in an environment rich in nutrients the micronuclei are free to clone and proliferate. And as everyone knows micronuclei are the precursors to tumor formation. And thus we set the stage for the development cancer unless we can intervene in this process.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- The cell receptor senses the exposure to EMR
- This EMR exposure is interpreted as a foreign invader and biological responses occur
- The cell membrane hardens. Nutrients can't get inside the cell and toxins can't get out
- Interstitial fluid (the fluid in the spaces between cells) starts drying out causing dehyration
- Mitochondria are damaged from the toxins and energy is soon depleted
- Cells die, tissues are damaged, organs are affected.
Once energy is depleted resulting from the damage to mitochondria the body will not have enough energy to detoxify. It takes a lot of energy for the body to run its detoxification processes. There simple isn't enough available now as the system is tiring out. Secondly, when energy is depleted cell-to-cell communication breaks down. When this communication is lost one part of the body can't communicate with other parts. The system then can't know how or when to respond to attacks, stresses, environmental changes, etc. that may confront us. The immune system is weakened leaving us susceptible to other toxins and illness. We are now compromised in our ability to fight off other invaders and offenders with which we come in contact.
And so the cascade of events begins that damage the body. Certainly, the procearly stages of this process are sublte and go largely unnoticed. But over time the toxic load we experience due to EMR exposure, and then to additional everyday other exposures, becomes more than our body can handle and the breakdown of health begins. With no cell-to-cell communication and a compromised immune system we are at great risk.
Friday, February 15, 2008
When the ICRW contacts the body the cells of the body recognize it as a foreign invader. Steps are immediately taken by the body to protect itself. One of the first things that happen is that the active transport channels in to and out of the cell membrane shut down. The result of this is that the cell membrane becomes hard, not flexible and pliable as it should be. When the cell membrane gets hard the good nutrients we consume in the form of good food and good supplements can't get inside the cell where they are needed for nourishment. So the cell doesn't get nourished. Also, the free radicals and toxins that build up inside the cell can't get out. They're trapped inside. So the body cannot detoxify properly. This is an extremely important development as we'll learn in succeeding posts.
What are the implications of this? First, the nutrients that build up outside the cell create a "nutrient rich" medium in the space where the cell lives. This is called the interstitial fluid and is simply known as the fluid between the cells. The free radicals and toxins that build up inside the cell damage and destroy the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the powerhouses of the cell. It's where energy is made. Due to the free radical damage and lack of energy the cell eventually dies. When enough cells die tissues are affected. When enough tissue dies organs are affected. And so the cascade of events begin that produces illness.
We'll continue to unravel this scenario in the posts ahead so we can understand just how all this electropollution is harming us. It gets very interesting...and it's a very serious issue. So keep reading.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Just as a reminder, the danger from cell phones is not from a thermal, or heating effect, like you have with a microwave oven. It's what the radiation wave is doing to the cell that is the problem, and it has nothing to do with heat. Cell phones don't have enough power to heat tissue.
Most cell phones operate in a range of 800 MHz to 1900 MHz (that's one million nine hundred thousand cycles per second). Frequencies oscillating this fast are not recognized by the body. These frequencies are simply moving way to fast for the body to know it's even there. This is the same signal that connects your cellphone to the nearest cell phone tower. It's not the problem because it isn't recognized. This goes for any wireless device, not just cell phones.
When we talk or send a text message on a cell phone our voice or text message is placed on the radiation wave in the form of "packets" of information. These packets ride "piggy-back" on the radiation wave and their existence necessitates the creation of a second radiation wave just for the purpose of carrying information. This second wave is called the information-carrying radio wave, or ICRW. The ICRW oscillates at a 60 Hz frequency which IS in the range that the body does recognize. (There's a big difference between 1900 MHz and 60 Hz.) Since this second wave oscillates much slower it can be, and is, recognized by our cells. So the ICRW is the wave that's doing the damage.
In the next succeeding posts we'll learn exactly what that damage is and what happens to our cells and our bodies when they're exposed to this second wave, or ICRW. So keep reading. We'll keep it simple. This isn't rocket science or brain surgery.
Friday, February 8, 2008
We now know that it isn't the amount of power behind the frequencies that is the problem. Another mechanism is a work here. These frequencies are having an adverse effect on our cell membranes and cell-to-cell communication. And that's an issue that has profound health implications.
There's a whole lot more to this story so stay tuned.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Guys, don't take a chance. Carry that cell phone or PDA away from your body. Don't lay it in your lap while sitting or driving. Don't carry it in your pocket. Don't carry it on a belt clip. The near-field plume generated by the antenna of a cell phone extends out a distance of 6-8 inches. So be sure your phone is at least that far away from your body.
And don't work on your laptop while your computer is sitting on your lap.
More on that next time.
Friday, February 1, 2008
The study is especially important for children and teenagers who use their cell phones at night. Such failure to get adequate sleep can lead to mood changes, ADHD-like symptoms, depression, poor focus and poor academic performance.
In the study it was clearly demonstrated that the people who received radiation exposure mimicking a cell phone took longer to enter deep-phase sleep and spent less time in the deepest phase of sleep.
Professor Bengt Arnetz led the study and commented, "We did find an effect from mobile phones from exposure scenarios that were realistic. This suggests that they have measureable effects on the brain." He believes the radiation activates the brain's stress system.
The Mobile Manufacturers Forum who funded the study and represented the main handset companies, were embarrassed and tried to minimize the importance of the results.
The study was carried out by scientists from Karolinska Institute and Uppsala University in Sweden and from Wayne State University in Michigan. It was published by the Massachusetts Insititute of Technology's Progress in Electronics Research Symposium.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
In recent research published in December 2007 in the British medical journal The Lancet, it was found that women who work a 'graveyard' shift experience an increase in breast cancer. In fact, the risk of breast cancer in women was increased by a whopping 60%!
As a result the 'graveyard shift', i.e. night shifts, have now been labeled as a "probable carcinogen" for breast cancer!
The research also showed that men who work the night shift have an increased risk for prostate cancer.
Why does this happen? Light keeps the melatonin levels down. And we know melatonin plays a major role in tumor suppression. And when the melatonin secreting rhythm is off, estrogen goes up. So we have two mechanisms working to cause this increased risk.
Researchers also found that the people with the highest risk were those shift workers who went back and forth, rotating between day and night shifts.
Once again we see how important this hormone called melatonin is to our health. We must do all we can to maintain adequate amounts of melatonin in our system. Electromagnetic radiation is one of the culprits suppressing its production. That's not a good thing.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
There are a number of factors that can disrupt hormonal balance. Lack of sleep, stress, environmental toxins, and a poor diet are just a few. Electromagnetic radiation falls into this category as well.
Electromagnetic radiation, including cell phone radiation, inhibits the release of melatonin in the brain. Why is this significant? One of the functions of melatonin is to inhibit the release of estrogen. It is well known that about 70% of breast cancers are estrogen dependent. Removing a mechanism for estrogen suppression in the body would allow for elevated levels of estrogen to occur leading to increased risk of breast cancer.
Melatonin itself has also been shown to suppress the development of breast cancer. (Srinivasan V, Spence DW et al. "Melatonin, environmental light, and breast cancer", Breast Cancer Res Treat 2007 May 31; PMID: 17541739
Melatonin also has an impact on two other hormones, prolactin and epidermal growth factor. Elevated levels of these hormones can lead to increased cell division in breast tissue. (Robien K, Cutler G. Lazovich D, "Vitamin D intake and breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women: the Iowa Women's Health Study", Cancer Causes Control 2007 Sep; 18(7): 775-82, epub 2007 June 5, PMID: 17549593.)
In my next post I'll continue this discussion with a few more comments on melatonin's effect on Vitamin D and how this impacts tumor growth.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Why is this important? If you don't get into the deeper phases of the sleep cycle at night the body cannot repair itself. Cells aren't rejuvenated. Sleep in necessary for this repair process to occur and we all need it. Growth hormone plays a major role here and is also secreted during deep phase sleep.
Get this. 81% of 15-to-20 year olds today SLEEP WITH THEIR CELL PHONE ON! Considering the value of melatonin to our health, and especially in the sleep cycle, the implications of this statistic are frightening.
There's more to the melatonin story...a lot more. Read it on the next post.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Read this quote from Alasdair Philips of Powerwatch:
"Medium- and short-wave frequencies have been used since the 1930s with little evidence of any effect on bird behavior. But since the mobile phone networks went up there have been increasing reports of birds, especially homing pigeons, getting lost. Research now needs to look at the effects of base station signals, particularly in view of the disorienting effects of EMR 'noise' reported in this study."
It's a known fact that migratory birds use the geomagnetic field of the earth as a 'compass' in their yearly migratory travels. Research has also shown that robins get disoriented when exposed to broadband frequencies in the range of 0.1 to 10 megahertz. Scientists have also shown that the migratory travel of birds is disrupted by electromagnetic radiation.
And as for the honeybees...well, they are disappearing at an alarming rate all over the world. Scientists are quite concerned since the disappearance of honeybees would have a profound impact on our food supply. At least two studies have shown that bees get disoriented when leaving their hive and can't seem to find their way back. Unable to find their way home they starve and die. According to studies this disorientation is caused by electromagnetic fields from all the cell phone radiation and microwaves in our atmosphere.
Food for thought (while we still have some).
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
- Talking on a cell phone as little as 500 minutes a month can increase the probability of brain cancer by 300%
- A two-minute call on a cell phone alters a child's brain for an hour
- Cell phone radiation has been show to damage and break living DNA
- Cell phone radiation causes leakage of the blood-brain barrier allowing toxins to damage sensitive brain tissue
- Cell phones worn by men on a belt clip can reduce sperm count by 30%
- After using a cell phone for six years the risk of developing an acoustic neuroma (a tumor of the auditory nerve) increases by 50%
- Cell phone radiation increases estrogen and adrenaline levels in the body disrupting hormonal balance
Think twice about using your cell phone for everything. It produces damaging radiation. And if you must use a cell phone use it safely and responsibly. Take protective measures to ensure your safety.